Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my original AM-8 track radio adapted so I can plug an iPod either into it directly or into a remote plug. Have any of you had this done and could you recommend someone reliable.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
There was a radio repair place I ran accross while out at Iola last year. He will take your original AM/8 track, remove the original guts and update with more modern guts which include input for and iPod. I seem to remember about $300 or so? I'll see if I can find the info in the mess I call my desk...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Refer to my sig(I don't want to answer on behalf of my Dad's business, I'll let you talk to him).

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
VintageAutoRadio.com. Prices start at $395 for the conversion. NO, I did'nt have this done to mine, just passing along the information.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a pretty slick setup from Crutchfield but unfortunately my radio has no FM. Thanks for the input guys.

Refer to my sig(I don't want to answer on behalf of my Dad's business, I'll let you talk to him).
Acooljt if your Dad's name is Lloyd I spoke to him this afternoon. He said he can make the modification. The coolest part was he said he can make it so that when I insert an old 8 track into the player that will be the switch to play the iPod! That is pretty neat. One question I didn't ask him was if he would need to install some type of amplifier. Anyway I will pull the radio and ship it out to him soon. Thanks for your help. Dave

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
No amp. And yes, Loydd(weird spelling) is my Dad. He's a genius when it comes to electronics. He programmed a robot for Richard Pryor. He's done some pretty mad stuff with electronics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts