Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with an original 66 Emberglo car with the Emberglo and Parchment Pony interior, should the windlace on the quarter where the door meets the interior quarter be Emberglo to match the adjacent upholstery, or Parchment for contrast and to match the windlace at the A-pillar and headliner? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
ALL CAPS!

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When the window is still open, the bird may pass through. I prefer the term 'opportunist'.
Besides, painters and carpenters fix their own mistakes all the time.
Any-hooo...
Want to finish this car correctly, and I see the windlace in both colors on various cars, just trying to get it right.
15889866281528633389518876669608.jpg

Reactions: Nailbender

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Are those the chrome end caps OEM? Don’t remember ever seeing those before.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are those the chrome end caps OEM? Don’t remember ever seeing those before.
They are used with deluxe interior and probably with convertibles, to protect the top edge of the quarter upholstery and dress things up a little. I think Thunderbirds have them also. Maybe some others.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
They are used with deluxe interior and probably with convertibles, to protect the top edge of the quarter upholstery and dress things up a little. I think Thunderbirds have them also. Maybe some others.
Thanks for the info. I’m converting my car to a deluxe interior and wasn’t aware of this detail.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@PB65stang here ya go. Get the right screws, too.

I have gone to every detail I possibly can to make it as factory correct and last another 50 years or more if possible.

Reactions: PB65stang

·
Dimples
5,658 Posts
While I can’t guarantee what is factory correct, it’s on an emberglo panel and when the door is shut, the windlace is framed by two emberglo panels. I would use emberglo windlace just because it looks cleaner.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now, @BlakeTX , that makes the most sense of all, so I'll need to order a few feet of Emberglo and I'll keep Parchment from A-pillar to headliner and sail panel. Thanks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
The (2) images I’m including that show the 66 Emberglo Pony Interior are from an original, unrestored 66 GT w/Emberglo Exterior and Pony interior.

In the GT, the front seat upholstery was replaced with repro upholstery (Running Pony insert is not factory original color as rear and the vinyl is lighter than original). The entire rear of the interior, carpet, headliner and all windlace is original.

In the GT image from the driver side, you can see the original windlace is Emberglo. Also from that same image, if looking at rear seating area across to the closed passenger door, you can see what the windlace contrast looks like with door closed.

I also included a pic from the passenger side door which shows the windlace better.
———

If the 66 had Emberglo exterior and the interior was the 2-tone Pony Interior, which would be Emberglo/Parchment, the windlace should be “Emberglo”.

If the 66 had Emberglo exterior, but interior was a non-Pony and an all Parchment interior, the windlace would be Parchment. I’ve included an image for an example to see the differences.

————
(vehicles used for examples are not mine)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts