Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guy's! Is there a place I can go (Website/literature) to find out all of the options my particular car came with? I know how to decode the VIN obviously, and the trim plate, but take the console for example. I don't know whether my '66 originally came with a console or not. I've read that Marti reports aren't available for a '66 car, and assume that would tell me if my car was newer than '66. Not that it really matters, but I am very curious to find out what my car originally came with. Any suggestions?

Jeff

·
Registered
35,845 Posts
It would take an Act of God. Ford destroyed that data in 1979. You'll just have to look at the car. Consoles required screw holes in the floor, which non-console cars didn't have. Etc.

Pity. 67-73 cars you can find out even tiny details, like whether it had WSW tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I thought! Sucks for sure. Oh well, life goes on. Thanks 22GT! I did notice that the console was not attached to the floor and does not have any brackets under it. Plus the trim plate around the 3 speed shifter (which is currently under the console) is one you see in the catalogs as being for a "3 speed W/O console". No matter, I like the console. It needs to be refurb'd, but a nice look to the interior. It's funny to imagine a console in a car nowadays without a cup holder! I guess people didn't carry drinks with them back in '66, LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts