Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any Original Ford tooling sheetmetal like fenders, hoods, or any other parts. How do they fit? Do they fit exactly like used or NOS originals? I would like some comments since I am considering them for a resto project.

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
From the posts I've read here on the forum, the new stuff isn't quite as good as what came from the factory due to the tooling being worn and tired but fits and looks a whole lot better then the offshore parts. Hope this helps. What other choices do you have?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
The fastback I just painted has a new original left front fender on it and it fits very well. There are pics on my web page. If you would like a couple of pics showing the fender I can send you a few if you want.

G

·
0 Posts
I'll take good original factory line parts anyday over service or repro parts.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I had both of the rear 1/4's replaced last year with I believe offshore parts. and the fit and finish is good. My body man didn't have to do to much massaging to make them look good. He also replaced the right front fender with an original from his stash. I was ok just not like the one he replaced. IMO its the luck of the draw from what Ive read here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts