Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got a nice package from the North Carolina Dept. ot Trans. I know have the complete title history for my 66 Shelby up to 1972. It pays to do a little investigating. The Shelby registry only showed one owner...turns out he was the first retail owner of the car but lost the car for non-payment in 1969. From there it went to 4 different people, with one person repo-ing the car and selling it back to a former owner. So I found history, including title copies, repo paperwork... up to 1972. The person I bought it from has had it since 1979. So I only have 7 years unaccounted for. The search continues!!

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
My car spent all / most of its life in North Carolina.

What did you do to find all this stuff? When I called their DMV, they really
weren't able to tell me anything.

-Zim

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to sweet talk the lady who answers the phone. They require that you send a form in to request vehicle information, and $5. The lady I talked to gae me some tidbits, then I had to wait for the form, and wait for the return, about 3 weeks. You need to provide them with the VIN number. If they tell you it is not there, ask if they can look it up in the micro-fiche....that is where my records were.

Rob

·
Registered
271 Posts
My car is from NC (DSO) and I contacted the North Carolina DMV via the state's website...the forms were available there.....after a couple of e-mails and a small fee and completed form via mail....bingo... all the history on a car that found it's way all the way to eastern Canada (Nova Scotia).

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was up in your neck of the woods in July. Nova Scotia is beautiful. Saw a few mustangs, but I saw a ton of MG's. We stayed in Mahone Bay.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Glad to hear it and I hope you enjoyed...contact me next time...I'll hook you up with the N.S. Mustang Club

1 - 6 of 6 Posts