Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent some current pictures of my Pace Car to the salesman who sold it. The guy still sells cars in the same area! The dealership finally sold it after 6 months on the showroom floor in Nov. 1964 to a local baseball scout and owner of a local minor league team (in Thomasville, North Carolina). The salesman verified that the car looked identical to what he remembers from 38 years ago.

However, the original owner decided that he didn't like the stripes & letters, so he had the body shop remove them. The actual original driver of the car was this man's son, who remembers it as a light blue color (probably Skylight Blue) and never saw it as a Pace Car. The mystery remains on who asked to have it painted and what the exact color was. Unfortunately, the original owner and the salesman have no paperwork or pictures on the car.

The next step is to contact the next two owners. Stay tuned!!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Do the words obsessive or compulsive mean anything to you???? Your a lucky dawg to have gotten this far, and it will be interesting to see what else you uncover along the road. have fun!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
" Stands next to Steve in hopes that good find more info on cars history rubs off on her! "

That gives me hope!!! Can't wait to see the updates!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts