Vintage Mustang Forums banner

ornamental gas cap splash guard?

1661 5
I was flipping through the "johns mustang" catalog and saw this thing they call a "decorative splash guard" that goes behind the gas cap to protect the paint. Was this thing a factory option or at least a dealer add-on? (think it was on pages 83 so you can see a picture of it)