Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having record temperatures here in Boise, Idaho this week. Today was 109'F (old record was 104), and tomorrow is forecast for 110'F (old record 107). Good thing it's a dry heat (13% humidity)! I've been leaving the classics in the garage since they don't have Air Conditioning!

Tom

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Here in Sacramento yesterday, it was 112...

·
Registered
930 Posts
This is one time I am glad we are cooler that California. 76 today in Minnesota and right now as I type it is 58 outside!!!!!! Yee hah!!!!! The 90's w/80% dewpoint and 80% humidity in the last couple of weeks have SUCKED! I am willing to share w/the west coast guys especially when we are 20-30 below zero out here too!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I know what you mean, its been heating up bad here in So Calif. Makes it hard to work on the stang haha. I'm a winter person myself, nothing about 60 degrees /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
392 Posts
I work outside all day. Here in MD we have high humidity, and it's been about 100 several days recently. The heat index was 110 the other day. It really sucks working outside in this heat, it's unhealthy. Be glad you don't have humidity. Can't work on my car either.

G

·
0 Posts
Not too bad here in the heart of Texas; mid 90's. Usually we have days on end over 100. Next month will likely rekindle those memories.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
My strategy (So Cal) is to get up at 5:00 on the weekends and work on the car IN the garage until I can't stand it any more, then adjourn to the house for housework. Works pretty good. Hard to get anything done after work though, since it's been in the high 90's after work all week -

The good news is there's not too much ice on the roads !

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I've been trying the same strategy here in NorCal (SF Bay Area). Work on the car when it's cool and knock off in the early afternoon. I have a west facing metal roll up door at the back of my shop that acts as a superior heat exchanger in the afternoon when the sun gets around to that side of the building. The temperatures they show on TV for the Bay Area are usually San Francisco temps. Always in the 70's and 80's because they are sitting on the ocean. The temperatures one ridge back from the Bay are 100* - 107* the past few days. My shop is usually around 95* on those days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts