Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, check this out! The Canadian pricing is the same as the US pricing - but in CANADIAN dollars:
"Amid a slew of new Ford products, the world's second-largest automaker has announced Canadian pricing on its trusty Mustang, which is newly-designed for 2005.

The manufacturer's suggested retail price for the Mustang Deluxe coupe is $19,410, while the Premium coupe will start at $19,995. The GT coupe starts at $24,995."
DOH!
Don't believe everything you read, I guess; here's the REAL pricing from Ford:
2005 Ford Mustang V-6 Coupe remains the lowest-priced, rear-wheel drive sports car in Canada, with the manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $23,795 ($18,479 US)
2005 Ford Mustang GT remains the best performance car and the most affordable 300-horsepower car made with an MSRP of $32,795 ($25386US)" -I guess it was too good to be true. :(

...and our dollar is worth only about 0.774 US. That means a coupe will sell in Canada for about $15.5K US, and the GT would go for about $19,350 US, and that's LIST PRICE!! Woohoo, and I can get X-plan pricing!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
That may be true but when you bring it in the US for transfer don't you have to pay a tax of sorts so by the time you get it here it's costs just about the same as if you would have bought it here in the first place. ::

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nyah-hahahah, I'm CANADIAN!! The interesting part is that this info should give you guys a good bargining position; if they can sell them here for that much and still make a profit, what can you expect to pay in the US? After all, they're all made in the USA, right? They don't suddenly cost less to make when they get shipped north.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
don't you have to pay a tax of sorts
"Free Trade" (North American Free Trade Agreement - NAFTA)

Should only be your local state licensing fees/taxes, which you'd have to pay anyway. You would likely have to pay the Canadian "Goods & Services Tax" (GST) up front but it would be refunded to you as a US resident. I have a friend who bought a new car here last year and imported it to the US (Seattle). Saved a couple of thousand $$. (You do need to be certain about safety and emissions certification.) If you need to know the details I'll get him to write a post.

- Gord

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok smarty pants noy fair not fair at all!!! :: :: ::

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, but read it again, I edited it. The internet news service got the pricing wrong!!! ARGH. Still cheaper for the plain-jane coupe though. Nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts