Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct that if I reply to a post that my reply doesn't make the post relocate back to page 1 indicating recent activity? If so, how do other VMFers know if an issue is becoming a popular topic?

To me page one should consist only of new posts and previous posts that have very recent activity. Obviously this would then overflow onto pages 2,3,etc.

Am I mis understanding how this works?????? I have replied to posts and yet they remain on page 5 or 6 or whatever. Just curious.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Am I correct that if I reply to a post that my reply doesn't make the post relocate back to page 1 indicating recent activity?
You are correct sir!
If so, how do other VMFers know if an issue is becoming a popular topic?
Check the box "Add this thread to my favorites" before you submit.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
"Pop to Top" just doesn't work on this type of forum. We've tried it once (twice if you count April Fool's day last year) and it was a disaster. The first 2 pages are filled with O/T posts and posts where everyone has an opinion. Hard to answer technical questions would get buried in minutes back to page 2 or 3 where no one would see them, so they could never get an answer.

We like it like it is! ::

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
The first 2 pages are filled with O/T posts and posts where everyone has an opinion. Hard to answer technical questions would get buried
Interesting that the non-Mustang O/T threads generally seem to get more traffic that the ones related to the "primary" topic of the forum!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Nah, its really not. How many times can you take seeing the "what size wheels" fit and "what color are these bolts" threads? They need 2 replies, and they need to get buried. The O/T stuff is fun, but it needs to get burried just as fast, just because its O/T.

And lastly, i dont like reading through 2 pages of one thread, it annoys me.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Try setting your "posts per page" setting (in my home) to 99 that way you will have about a days worth plus on the first page most days. :) ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts