Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an old vintage 40's radio at a barn sale for a mere $5. It was dusty but looked new, and it had all the tubes. Paid for it, brought it home cleaned it up (looks like new), plugged in and....plays like new! Tuned in an oldies station and I feel like I've traveled back in time -- just like I do whenever I take the stang out!

I've found a ton of treasures in garage sales (mostly in rural areas), anyone else?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just love going to garage sales........the wife and I look for just about anything at these things......old coca cola stuff for our breakfast bar, and of course mustang parts. Congrats on your big find, it sounds awesome! Kalin

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
I pick up tools and odds and ends. I also collect antique cameras. They are very cheap and it is a blast figuring out how they work! It took a long time before the 35mm standard was settled on. We found a place in New York that can actully make film that will work in these if you give them the model number!

My best find was 400 dollars worth of shelving for 15 bucks!

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
I really hated to admit it, (to my wife that is), that I really do find some great stuff at auctions and garage sales. It is amazing as to what you do find and for how much.

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
I like when you are putting one on and someone tries to get you down from 50 cents to 25 cents!!??
Stan

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Love 'em, just don't get out to many these days.....Best find ever was an antique coal scuttle (mini-cabinet) that I got for $50 (only to have a dealer offer me $250 on the way out)

I don't like having them though ! Did it once, and had people haggling for $.50 off of something marked $1.00 that was probably worth $5.00.....not worth the PIA. Last month I hauled all the stuff up from the basement, inventoried, and called VOA to come pick it up. They did, and I'll mark it all up and get a nice donation tax write-off - I suspect at the same deferred "return" that I'd have gotten from selling all that stuff ! Dickson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts