Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I made a run from Atlantic City to Kansas City in a 84 Thunderchicken in 18 hours, boy did that turbo make a diff /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
19,955 Posts
Did you read sbout the schoolteacher who had a 2.3 turbo in his Pinto? He was running mid 10's with a C4 and a 8" axle. The motor was soooo stock, it was scary! He even used a Ranger camshaft for good idle quality.

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats Joe Morgan. Here is his web site. http://www.mofocus.com/ His latest project is a 2.3 Focus. The Hot Rod magazine spread is there, along with a video where he smokes a Chevy V8.

There is also a guy who runs 9s in an SVO. 32 pounds of boost and a very non stock engine. No NOS!! But he drives it to work everyday. http://members.aol.com/fourced/video/9.65pass.mpg This one is 3 Megs

·
Registered
757 Posts
That movie clip was COOL. I love SVO's. I had a 84 model a few years back that I ran hard at Road America. The SVO is the best handling, best balanced Mustang I have driven. I am an SVT dealer so I have driven just about every possible late model mustang as well as the many vintage cars I have owned. I have my eye on a 85 1/2 one owner competition prep car that the owner has been trying to sell me for the past 5 years. A competition prep car with a factory sunroof...that was the only option on the window sticker.

·
Banned
925 Posts
I bought my SVO new, drove it with the original 2.3-T until 1988. I got tired of the turbo lag and lack of bottom-end power so I put a 5.0 EFI V-8 in it and have been very happy with the combination ever since. I'm still a fan of the 2.3-T engine but I think it really needs to be in a smaller, lighter car than a Mustang or T-bird.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I had an 87 T-Coupe that was great. Not a screamer, but a very nice car. My brother made me pop the hood, cause he said there was no way that it was a 4 cylinder with the power it had. Other than loosing a timing belt, the car had no problems (good thing that engine can free wheel, no valve damage due to loss of belt)

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah I have an 85 SVO, My Wife has an 84 SVO, I have an 87 LX that is currently getting a 2.3T, and I have an 88 Turbocoupe..
You could say I like these cars, I have had about 7 Turbo cars in the last few years..

G

·
0 Posts
Checkin in. '86 SVO tons of goodies! Can't sell it, so I drive it like I stole it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts