Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the photography sucks, but the ride was unreal.

It was overcast and raining. I suggested we not take it out for a "spin". Bob the owner said "these were made to drive in the rain, La Mans is a 24 hour race".

So we went around the winding roads around Terrace Park, Oh. (what is the name of that river? Oh yea, the Ohio)

Bob invited me back "anytime".

Hell of a guy. He's an engineer by training and a racer by passion. He drives this thing in vintage races.

BTW-he owns the rights to the name GT-40 and insist that Ford can't officially use it without paying him and he is in negotiations with them. They are threatening to use some other name (he mentioned a couple I can't remember but they were lame).

For those of you who don't believe he should own the name, he bought it for about $25,000, actually 15,000 british pounds. The owner of the name was Peter ???, a britsh guy who developed the Gt-40 for Ford when Henry decided to kick Ferarri's butt when they bakced out of selling him the company.

Riding in that car and talking to him about all the history was a GREAT experience.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, but the #%^$&^flash on the disposable camera wouldn't work.

Crap-forgot two things;

The link is http://www.kkpony.com/GT40Pictures/index.html

And thanks to Kent (kketell) for the posting!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ummmm ... pics ? what pics?

G

·
I've never seen such great pics......No really I haven't seen the pics...nada...nothing....bupkis/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
It's funny - 2 of you guys b!#ching about not seeing the pics have error messages on yours............... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

95LegendGS has beautiful "Image hosted by Angelfire" for both his avatar & sig pic... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

kbmwrs has "Remote Linking Forbidden Please Upgrade your Account" (twice) for a sig pic, and the dreaded Red X for an avatar. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Somebody call the VMF Picture Police............or am I the only one that sees the humor in this!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts