Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My office looks out onto Interstate 90 just south of the WI border and the Harleys going by for the last hour have been non stop. It is amazing to see so many all heading to Milwaukee. I am in Rockford Il and the oldest Harley dealership is here. They have been having stopover parties for two days. It's hard to work with the constant rumble, or to pay attention to my usual distraction the VMF! :)

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
A friend of mine headed out Monday morning around 6am headed up there. At work I sit with 3-4 bikers & that's been a hot topic for them for the last few weeks.
A few years ago my wife & I went to Myrtle Beach "unknowingly" (is that a word) :) during "bike week". There were bikes on the road 24 hours a day. At 3am I got up & walked outside for a smoke & I could hear them on highway 17 about a 1/2 mile away. Constant rumbling. Not a bad sound though.

G

·
I bet that's quite a sight. And a sound! Just imagine what could be done with all the money that's wrapped up in those bikes. . .

·
Registered
612 Posts
You cant even imagine what its like here now - it sounds like non-stop thunder, and you come upon packs of bikes that go for a half mile - actually I wish I was on vacation out of town as getting anywhere is just brutal.......

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Wish I could be there :(

My cousin and a bunch of his friends went out this week from RI. He's on his Sportster and will certianly have a sore a$$ by the time he gets there :D

After 15 years of un-reliable ownership, I would not have a problem trading the Coupe for a Harley. It's time for a hobby change. I'd never lose any money, and I'm already used to the whole 'maintenance beast' scenario :eek:

The problem is the dogs can't ride on a bike, so 2-wheelin isn't practical for now.

Al

·
Registered
287 Posts
I know what you mean. I was out and about today on interstate 80 in eastern Ia/western Ill and bikes were everywhere. Kind of cool to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts