Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at the local drive in and a guy had what he claimed was the original Mad Max 74 Falcon. I have to tell you it looked really good! All new black paint and interior. It still had the fake blower that worked off of an electric clutch.

Do you think this is the real deal? Or did the filmmakers build dozens of these like they did with the Knight Rider car, the Dukes of Hazzard and the Batmobile? How many are left in Austrailia?

And how could you guys let a treasure like that get away?? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
502 Posts
The story of the cars, as I understand it, is that only 2 of the black interceptors were made for the movie - one was trashed during the making of the second movie. The other currently resides in a museum in the UK. This explanation I read in a write up on the cars in a recent car magazine, where they featured a bloke's replica of the car. I doubt the car you have referenced is an original - but, may be a well done copy.

J.B.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
There have been a few decent clones made since then, Ive got a couple of magazines with a police interceptor and the black blown car that both looked alot like the movie. They were based on the XB/XC falcons FYI. There is an XC cobra falcon (400 made), white with the blue shelby stripes on white which look pretty mean too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
........and the third one is at the Planet Hollywood restaurant in Sydney.
That Fourth one.........I often wondered where that one got too! Your mate at the drive-in has it!!/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts