Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 11:00 today I get all four wisdom teeth yanked out, thats why. She's all cleaned up anyway. I don't know what it's like to have them pulled so I figured I'd clean it up just in case I could go. It will be my last chance to go to any car shows before I go back to school next weekend. Oh, well, wish me luck. Justin

·
Registered
37 Posts
If the show is tomorrow, I wouldn't plan on making it. I was out of the bed the day after I got mine out, but that was only because I was sick of being in bed. I crashed on the couch all weekend. You'll be pretty tired, and the medications will keep you pretty out of it. Unless you're Super-I-don't-feel-pain-guy, you'll most likely be on your back all weekend...sorry to be the bearer of bad news. At least you're getting them yanked though!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It really depends on the person. Most people are out of commision for a day or two at least.
When I had my first a bottom one removed I was i major pain and out of it for a couple of days.
I had both my uppers pulled and they weren't as bad.
After a few hours the bleeding stopped and I just had to take some tylenol for the pain.
They say the uppers are a lot easier than the lowers though.
I still have that one lower one to take out. Not looking foward to that. But it's staying were it is until it hurts. ::

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
My wisdom teeth were pretty easy - no impact, they had already 'come in' so no digging was required. I was actually in class at college that night after having them yanked. But, there are a lot of variables, particularly if they are impacted and such...

Good luck! What car show were you going to go to, btw?

-bob

·
Registered
363 Posts
I will give you some positive attitude. My ex had such a hard time with hers there was no way I was going to go thru all that, but my day came. I had them done early morning. The next day I never took any pain killlers at all and ate a burger than day for lunch. No swelling and only a bruise on my chin, looked like a dang thumb print. Hope yours goes well and think happy thoughts!

·
Registered
565 Posts
3 out of 4 were impacted and all were removed on the same day...if you don't have them put you under (just use gas) then you should just have a little discomfort the next day. I went back to work the next day.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't get mad... But I had all four done at once all impacted and I was fine. That same day I was only able to drool and eat Jello but the day after I couldn't even tell it had been done. I guess I just had a great Doc. I was eating Carne Asada the neaxt day at a BBQ!

·
Registered
37 Posts
No swelling and only a bruise on my chin, looked like a dang thumb print.
It might have been! Doctors get pretty rough when doing extractions, and he might've had to push off your face while pulling with the pliers. This is assuming you were unconscious.

I HIGHLY recommend the gas as apposed to injections. For one thing, my doctor told me it may be necessary to use up to 14 shots per tooth! Plus you're awake, and the crunching sound is too much to bear. I was glad to wake up and not have any memory. The only draw back of the gas is, anytime you are unconscious, there is always a very miniscule chance that you may not wake up. The percentage is so small that it is negligible, but there is always a chance. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I'd plan on going to the show. If you're not thinking of the pain its generally easier to take. Now if it puts you down...it does but if not just continue with your plans. I never stopped going when I got mine yanked. Little messy for a couple hours with the gauze in your mouth but otherwise...

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
My three wisdom teeth had to be broke up to be removed. Then I ended up with all three of the spots in dry sockets. I did everything to the letter. Still it wasn't that bad. It would possible to go to a car show the next day.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I just got back. All four came out real easy, and after I was done waiting to get started the whole process took no more than 15 minutes. I opted for the novacane shots so I feel fine right now. We'll see after the shots wear off. I'm still aiming for the show on Sunday. Bob its in Audubon btw. Later, Justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts