Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some stamps and got this from the seller:

Hi,winner: I'm sorry to denied your payment for $X.XX.Because my paypal account can't to accept the payment via paypal from your credit card account. It's just accept the payment via paypal from bank account only(Please see the description). Please pay me again that via your paypal from your bank account. Thank you, (seller)

Other than the attrocious English, this one's got me confused. I know it's not much money at issue but what do you guys think? TIA
Stan

eBay treats your personal information w

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
The seller might not be able to accept credit card payment . Paypal makes you become a premiere member for CC acceptance . Just like your running a business . Then they charge you a fee for every transaction . If you get the regular user account , your can't take CC payments but you can take balance transfer or bank pays .

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
He could accept credit cards if he wished. By accepting payments only from bank accounts he avoids the risk of a credit card charge back, on the other hand, by accepting only bank account funds his buyers have no recourse if he screws them. Remind him that he had posted Mastercard and Visa logos on the auction and if he doesn't want to accept them then he misrepresented the auction...

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Stan.
The shaky english would make me suspicious that this might be one of those African scams. Is it possible they could get ahold of your bank account information via this type of transaction? Maybe they're going for the small score and just trying to get paid twice. I'd walk away from it.

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ken. I was thinking the same thing.
See you Sunday.
Stan

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Actually the seller didnt post the CC logos,ebay did.I had the standard account and just upgraded today.....

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Its still your responsibility to make sure your auction is correct. If you are not going to take a credit card and Ebay puts the logo on your auction then you need to get Ebay to take it out. A buyer doesn't care who put the logo there, he only cares that he can buy with the convenience and safety of a credit card.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
If there is not much money involved, and IF the seller did specify that he only accepted that type of payment in his auction, I think you should go ahead and pay it. After you have made sure that the credit card payment is canceled, of course.

I usually pay from my checking account and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Probably not a scam. As was mentioned above, he probably doesn't have a premier account. With a personal account you can not accept CC funded payments. If it would make you feel better, just send the money to me and I will see that it gets to your seller.

Pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts