Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed the order for the Aussie T shirts.
I get back an email saying before they will send the gear they want a copy of my drivers licence, copy of both sides of my credit card and a copy of my passport.
Is this on the level ?. Or are these guys trying to touch me .
I won't send this stuff till I get the OK from you guys

Australian National Concourse 2001on the Gold Coast.(you know where they have the Indy (CART) race)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=46702620&Sequence=1&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
20,867 Posts
I was at a dept. store, they wanted to see my drivers license for a check. I told them I didn't have one but would show them my cat's license! My town reqiures that cats and dogs have licenses.

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sounds fishy to me. Is this a US company? Maybe one of us could buy the items for you
and ship them directly?

Rich
'67 C-code 'vert (Dees67)
'69 GT Project car - For Sale
Milford, NH

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is for the VMF T shirts . These monkeys have my card number . Now I'm packing it !!!
Better speak to Bob , he will know what to do , sh*t , he's away .
Any advice.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=46702621&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=46702622&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
They probably are just double checking. Probably seems strange to them that an Aussie is buying a T-shirt from the states.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!
66 200 3-spd Coupe - emberglo, daily driver
65 289 4-spd Conv - Rangoon Red (what else)
66 Shelby - Red and Ready to be Restored

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Get another VMFer that you know well to buy and ship the shirts to you - and you can reimburse. Much easier that way, and you can know that you're not gettting ripped off - Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Pursuant to United States trade law, purchases made from a seemingly international source may, and can be, subject to extra infomation requests. These requests may include, but may not be limited to, the requirement of 3 forms of identification (passport, military identification), a physical photocopy of the tender being used (cash, check, cc) and a host of other possibilities.

To be honest, I think you're better off with asking one of us here to buy th shirt for you, and sending it to you. I've got one ordered already with no hassle. I don't think the company is trying to steal your identity, but if someone intercepts the e-mail, you're screwed.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Wow! Now I know where all the 69 Mustangs went. Great picture! BTW, you must have the photo reversed because all the steering wheels and the hood mounted tach are on the wrong side. Arf, arf, arf!

Beautiful cars!

Regards,
RagTop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts