Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to interview to keep a job that I have held for 15 years due to a large corporation buying the building that I manage.Anybody been thru a behavorial interview - 2hrs. - what a nightmare - now have to wait 2 weeks for a decision -good thing theres not much hair left on my head.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Been through the same thing in the electric utility industry. And now that deregulation has been (to some extent) implemented in some areas, people wonder why their bill is going up all the time! Oh and that thing about rolling blackouts :D! Perhaps that controlled monopoly was not such a bad thing that the utilities and their customers had.

Ok, I apologize for the rant, that "interview for your own job" just brings back bad feelings. John

EDIT-Yes I did get to keep my job, 2 years later I left on my own.

K

·
0 Posts
Well I just went through basically the same thing. I've been doing contract work here and had to interview for my own job to get hired on as an empoloyee. They asked me questions that they should have asked 7 months ago to see if I was capable of doing the job. Odd.

My head twitch and dilated pupils shouldn't have an affect on the outcome should it? :: :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I've been on the other end of that deal several times. The company I worked for bought another company, and I had to interview the engineering team to see if any "adjustments" were required. Invariably, many "adjustments" were made.

My advice, research the hell out of the company buying you out. Get a feel of how they do business and what their short-term and long-term goals are. Look at how they staff the various departments; are they lean-and-mean, or is there quite a bit of dead wood there. Then figure out how to present yourself in a way that lines right up with how they operate and where they're going. I know, it sounds like a lot of hassle, but welcome to the modern economy!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Went through the same thing this year. Nestle bought out Dreyers and closed two plants. Lucky for me Miller needed Brewers badly. Hang in there.

http://1968fastback.com/millerbrewery.JPG

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The funny (irritating) part of this whole process is that I have been doing this job for them now since January(on a contract basis).Hopefully just a formality.Been 15 years since I`ve had to look for a job.Thanks,feel better knowing I am not the only one.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Good luck to you!

If it feels a bit depressing keep this in mind: at least you were given the chance of keeping your job. Not everyone is so lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts