Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I PASSED!!!! I GOT MY LICENSE!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I CAN DRIVE MY FIDDY WHEN I GET IT!!!!!! :: :: :: :: ::

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe ty ::

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Congrats! I second the comment "Be careful out there." NorCal has terrible drivers!!

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
All of Calif drivers Su**, Congrats!!! :: :: Watch out for the other guy, at least me :D

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Congrats, you have passed the minimal expectation the state mandates before letting people drive.....

I would also consider investing in a defensive driving school, so you can learn what to do and what NOT to do in case of emergencies and evasive maneuvers as this is where 99% of accidents happen with the other 1% being people who don't give a hoot and do dumb things anyway.

things to learn are vehiclular dynamics and how they differ from a sportscar and an SUV, throttle control (when not to gun it and when to let off on turns curves etc..) steering (when to steer with slides, how to spin out to stop the car fast, how to induce a controlled slide with the steering and gas pedal, etc. etc. etc.....most of all, how to change your driving habits to match that of the changing environment such as rain, snow, hail etc....

I would consult the DMV or CHP as to what schools they recommend,
you may get a discount from our insurance co if the school is recognized.

cheers

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
already took driver's training class....lol

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Congrats.

However, he's talking about something like this. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like fun...but i dont intend to do the track..and cant afford it w\the car, shipping, insurance i gotta get lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol yea...tell me about it...about 1k for me for friggin liability for a year...which isnt so bad i guess for me....83$ a month roughly it translates into...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ah, I thought you might have meant FILLY:

Main Entry: fil·ly
Pronunciation: 'fi-lE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural fillies
Etymology: Middle English fyly, from Old Norse fylja; akin to Old English fola foal
Date: 15th century
1 : a young female horse usually of less than four years
2 : a young woman : GIRL

G

·
0 Posts
Very happy for you kid. Don't take driving for granted. It's a privlage, not a right!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Ricky, ....the driver ed courses you have taken are based on basic vehicular operation and offer no way out of a situation that present day traffic preent the daily motorist....I have avoided 5 potentially fatal wrecks
and countless fender benders.

Advanced Teenage Driving
1 Day, $895 • 2 Days, $1,595
We teach teens the skills they really need to know — active driving skills that could someday save their lives.  Students are required to have a valid drivers license and a minimum of six month driving experience.  Parents must accompany minors upon check-in.
More>>          Check Availability

Features:  Skid Control, Accident Avoidance, Shifting Exercises, Cornering and Braking Techniques

One day can make the difference!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts