Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok i know this isnt vintage...well...to some it is lol, but i finally got my 90GT hatchback today!!!!! :: im soooo flippin' pleased w\the exhaust notes.....i didnt think it would get that low rumble u only really get w\old carb'd engines!!! but maaaan does this baby roar!!!! makes a nice smooth idle.....but 1 thing...it died a little lol, so i gotta replace the battery and check out the alternator...i know its the alternator...its a powermaster in it right now...but i want to start fresh..fresh fluids, fresh battery, ya know the works....i still have the stock alternator anywho, so im going to try to install it tomorrow but man is that going to be a PITA!!! serpentine belt...YIKES! lol also...i saw this AMAZING car... i know its a chebby...but i still like camaros!!! it was a 67 maro...but im not sure...it had 427/Yenko bading and striping....and then it had RS badges on the side...and im sure it had a SS badge on the grill! lol...oi!....well...here's a link to see it if u like...i wanted to ask the guy to start it up and lemme hear it...but my parental unit discouraged it, not to wake up the cranky old far next door lol....since he's rather a PITA himself and thinks he's mr big shot :p lol. here's the link for the maro...ill get pics of my 90GT in the daylight season.... ::
67 Chebby Camaro "Yenko" - clone!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on the car! *cheer*

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty scott! :) i must say tho...the company that shipped my car did a terrific job!! i thought the price was a bit hefty...and i wont disclose that lol! but they got the car to me in 2 days...AND the man was verrry nice letting me take pics of the camaro. he was quite helpful moving it too for me. i cant say the same to the guy that shipped my 66FB...the trucker was a mean mofo, and i didnt trust him at all, just plain didnt like him and he messed up some of my body w\some dents! ugh...good thing i had to get that section repaired and cut anyways lol...but the company is...Auto Drive Away theyre in LA. very helpful on the phone too ::

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
i saw this AMAZING car... i know its a chebby...but i still like camaros!!!
You might want to consider changing your sig pic then. ;) I'm not a brand snob myself. Heck, I probably would have bought a Camaro if the prices were reasonable like the Mustangs but I don't regret the choice at all.

Congratulations on your new purchase.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw...im not going to change it lol...i dont like them because of performance...i like them because of the looks :p lol
im not all about racing...i like looks, and sound....a good muscle car, and good exhaust...my preferance just happens to be fords ::

·
4,133 Posts
Ricky Ricky,
Ya didn't get my email saying that I would drive it up there for you. :p j/k I did think about the offer but the SWMBO would probably kill me if I took a couple of days off. :: So you still have the battery/charging issue huh? Have you learned how to drive the stick yet? Oh and I think that I should start a poll on how long it will take you to get your first speeding ticket. :p That exhaust tone is so nice to listen to, ya just want to wind it out and before you know it your break'en the law. :: fd

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, well the company did a great job, and was very friendly, so i was happy :) i just took out the power master alternator...i dont see anywhere it denotes its a PowerMaster or the amperage though....im about to put in the stock alt in a second...i put it in, then tightened 1 bolt WAY WAY WAY too tight....i just spent about 40min worth of swearing, anger, and got it out lol, the bolt head is a little warped, so im getting another 1 now instead of dealing w\that in the future....im about to get a new battery too anyways, i want to start out everything FRESH. i havent learned stick yet...my dad is going to show me soon hopefully...i gotta register the car tomorrow....the exhaust...mmmmm god, i DIDNT expect it to get that nice muscle car tone ud get w\an old carb'd setup i friggin loooove it ::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts