Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching Overhaulin' last night ('65 fastback), they introduce the build team and one guy looks very familiar. The guy they called "mustang Joe", I think he was in charge of getting the engine running, is a guy I grew up with here in Michigan. I haven't seen him in at least 20 years but his brother still lives here and I talk to him occasionally. I'm going to give him a call today and see what's up, he's never mentioned his brother being into 'stangs.

G

·
Don't know about Joe but I saw Jerry (glasses & mustache)from ABC Mustangs in Hayward in the mix. Jerry got himself in the frame while the two host (that guy and Courtney) were talking by the front brake assembly. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think there is a repeat episode on Thursday night (not sure of the time). I'm not sure if they show the same car from Tuesday, but you can check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
That car looked friggin sweet! One thing I didnt like was the copying of the quarter window "scoop" that they stole from the Fastforward Fastback done by Rad Rides By Troy. Thought that looked silly.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
They also had a group from Maier Racing doing the suspension. I think they are from Castro Valley or Hayward as well. I really have to eat crow on this one. After the bogus mess they made of the 442 a couple of weeks back I was concerned about how the Mustang would fare. Foose seemed to show some respect for the Mustang heritage and kept the car in a quasi-Shelby theme. I even liked the interior upholstery. They could have done something else with the sail panels, however. Still, all-in-all, a tasteful job and the car was an I6 car to start with, so they weren't tearing up a "significant" car.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Repeats for the Mustang episode:
Aug 26 2004 @ 08:00 PM

Aug 26 2004 @ 11:00 PM

Aug 29 2004 @ 02:00 PM

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
...a tasteful job and the car was an I6 car to start with, so they weren't tearing up a "significant" car.
Man, that's cold. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
I6s are insignificant huh?

I'll take that as an insult. ;)

I wonder why they just didn't use a Ford Racing 200 crate motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts