Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been letting my mother use my car for the past week. the other day i was rotating the tires and noticed a wheel stud snaped so i replaced that. that was wensday havent used my car till today got in the check engine light is on put a code reader on something about the O2 censor so i replaced that. the oil ligth was on oil was low added some the i actully get in it and drive it and i here this ungodfull scraping but only when i apply the brakes so i turned around and went home to check it a spring had snaped in the rear drum so i replaced that. well then i went in the house to ask my mother if she had noticed and idiot lights and noices and when the started she said thursday she started to hear the sound and the lights came on but she forgot to tell me that was 400 miles ago the oil was my fault because i know there is a leak but she still could of said something grrrrrrrr

sorry for the out of topic post but i was mad

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Two most dangerous things on this earth:

1) Thermonuclear devices

2) Woman driving a motor vehicle

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was at a party last weekend and several people were talking car stuff. One nice blonde lady actually told the story on herself that on her first car, she seized the motor. She thought the oil pressure gauge was like the fuel gauge, when and if it went down she would add more oil ::. Well when she did leak or burn all her oil up, the gauge went to zero but the engine kept on running so she thought the gauge was bad. :eek: Engine didn't run long after that.

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
When I was young my Mom got up early and moved my car so she could drive my sister to school. She didn't realize that it no longer had an automatic and kept trying to put it in reverse without the clutch.

Since she had no success, she and my sister pushed it to the other side of the driveway. The gears were shrapnel. She denied anything had happened but my sister was giggling hysterically behind her.

I wish she were still here.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i am greatfull to have her around still but it is. what she did wasent to bad. i just think its kinda funny that it had to happen today of all days i was supupose to go ove the girlsfriends house and start to rebuild her motor in her car some how a valve snaped and the car is a low milage car so we decided to keep it and not junk it. but never made it there because i had to fix my junk box the on the way over there i get a call from a nother frined who was off orading and snaped his axel and need a lift home. so now the SWMBO is pissed at me. oh life is great

·
Registered
220 Posts
At least you have a girlfriend though. My mom doesn't really touch my car. But she did scrape it on the garage once when she was pulling it in to a spot :(

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Be grateful you have a Mother to be mad at. Someday you won't. Give her a hug and tell her you love her.
I totally agree. Been ten years and I still miss her.... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts