Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over at Autozone picking up some stuff. I had everything I needed and was standing in the long line at the cash register. All of a sudden there is a loud rumbling noise that shook the ground hard. I thought it might be an earth quake but I knew it couldn’t have been where I live. Everyone in there was spooked and then the guy at the cash register said “Oh, I guess the roof next store collapsed”. Haha… everyone went back to what they were doing.

I went outside to check it out. The roof on the empty structure next door (fairly large) had collapsed. All the pipes were busted and poring water. The front windows on this structure were completely blown out and laying about 12 feet from the building.

The roof that had collapsed was only 10 feet max away from where I was standing in Autozone. It’s a strip type mall so everything was connected.

Police and firemen got there quickly and blocked everything off.

Pretty crazy… Good thing for the block wall between stores. It was also a very good thing that I didn't park my Mustang in front on the structure.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Alot of rain lately or what, :: That don't just happen. Had several go here early this spring due to an huge amount of rain. Glad your ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts