Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Off Topic and Just My Opinon. No affiliation with anybody or anything. But, if, like me, you've found you've put on a few dozen pounds in the last few years and you want to do something about it....I'd have to highly recommend going over to weightwatchers.com

If you're naturally skinny (I HATE YOU) that's fine...just move along to the next post. There's nothing to see here. But, if, like me, you suddenly wake up another day older and another day heavier and you're ready to try something, they've got a pretty good plan over there. I signed up for their online only plan about 8 weeks back. No meetings. No weighins. You don't have to talk to anyone. You just follow the plan and log what you eat and what you weigh.

Easiest diet I've ever been on in my life to follow. I've lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks, which puts me over a third of the way to my goal of 200 pounds even (I'm 6'2" and carry some muscle, so that isn't too far out of line for me). This morning I got back into 38 waist pants for the first time in months. I'll be in 36's by Christmas. My big goal is to be in great shape next April when I turn 40.

Again, for those of you that this doens't apply to (I HATE YOU) sorry for the off topic post. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me. It isn't free...but personally I was able to pay for it out of my "Supersize Fries" budget and have change left over for parts.

Phil

·
Registered
314 Posts
Put down the Fries and step away from the beer sir.....Hands up and put the donut down slowly.....LOL'
Well this may sound silly, but I have found that just cutting back, not eliminating, the carbs (yes beer also) and a little exercise everyday (walking, digging, biking) for a half hour and you will feel great and when you feel better it is easier to loose those extra pounds...good luck
added bonus is when you need new pants because the "Fat Guy pants are to darn big"

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
the diet i am on isnt easy, but it works. I have been watching what I eat, and I joined a gym. I have been doing 2 20 minute cardio workouts a day. Then I have been lifting some, so hopefully I will be able to slim down to 200 before long. Im at 223 right now, and Im 6'1.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wonder how many other people had this problem. I never had any success on Weight Watchers meeting versions (@ $12 per week), although I didn't try to online version. Never been thin my entire life, in fact, 15 years ago I weighed about 10 pounds more than now.

I have found success on Atkins, and have gone from 290 to 258 this morning. I have some 38's as well, but they are about 1 inch to little to be comfortable, but I can wear them. I had a BF composition done and I'm at 21.8 %, which I want to be 12%.

I figure 28 more pounds, but who knows where it will end up. Hell of a thing isn't it? My wife is one of those people we don't like.

Later,
wsgts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Diet is just DIE with a T at the end :p. Its amazing how much weight you can loose if you stop going to fast-food, drink lots of water and excercise moderately.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Wish I could like fish and seafood but just flat DON'T! Was going to try a salmon steak on the grille but the smell was too much. Have cut out red meat for the most part, and wheat. Walk 2 miles a day, did I say airconditioned mall in the AM. Eat chicken, turkey, no skin, veggies, salads. Lunch is a Wendy's spring mix salad Grapefruit juice in AM with Total cereal with Oat Bran and chalk water, a banana or strawberrys. Biggest prob I have is 44 oz diet cokes at 7-11. Have my refill cup!! Maintain 180/5, am 5'11.5". If I hit 190, have probs from an ol' disc condition.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've had quite a bit of success on Atkins. It's not so much about eating fat as it is not eating carbs. My usual diet consists of high-quality meat and vegetables. Skip the sugar, the starches and the of course dessert.

I've gotten to the point where I can live without sugar (there's plenty of alternatives that don't affect your blood sugar) but I do miss the bread and the potatoes. On the other hand, I get to dip my steak in bleu cheese dressing, so it's not all bad. ;)

Since being on Atkins, my cholesterol has improved drastically, my blood pressure is down, and of course I've lost 25 pounds or so. Only real problem is that I've seemed to plateau -- not gaining anything, really, just kinda hanging out at the same weight. At least it's maintainable for me.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Everybody thinks the problem is what they eat. WRONG!

The problem is what you buy!

You have got to change your buying habits. I could list the things you shouldn't buy, but you know what they are. I dont diet, i just eat right. I weigh less now than I did 20 years ago and dont diet.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Nice job Phil! Keep it up!

I agree with the two previous post...I'm 6'2" and about 205 lbs. I really don't do well on diets that deprive, because pretty soon they end and I go back to whatever I cut out to lose the wieght in the first place...So, I've found that just not buying the Oreos is a lot easier than saying no to them at 9 pm...Cutting back on both portions just a little can help a lot, and I too limit the carbs a la Sugarbusters/Atkins. But, unlike them I still eat a fair amount of fruit and vegetables...and I don't deny myself beer when I want it...Just not eight nightly!

I'm training for a 150 mile bike race - the MS Tour for Cure - and that exercise will surely take a few lbs!

Less calories in, and more out via exercise works too! The battle never ends... :( :eek: Dickson

1 - 10 of 10 Posts