Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anybody know where I can by an old fashioned (not spray in) bedliner near northeast Ohio?
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
707 Posts
Jim, I don't know about the bedliner, but WOW I have to say it again, the "1st Class Automotive Repair Facility" is SWEET!!!!

Nick

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. I'll be posting updated picks as it progresses.

Hey, anybody know where I can get a bedliner???? ::

·
Registered
746 Posts
These guys take one look at your garage and forget the question! :: Have a great day! Dawn

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Are they actually that hard to find? There is a place called Astro in Howell, MI (about a mile from where I'm sitting), that sells them. 571.548.3024. Are you looking for some crazy application?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Oh, Yeah. Nice garage, will you adopt me?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Northeast Ohio is a fairly spread out area, but I imagine that they could be found in any of the larger towns. I bought mine at a local hot rod/4x4 shop. I know there are 4x4 shops up in that area. You might try the yellow pages and I think you can even order them through Sears.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've called everywhere I know in Clevleand and Akron with no luck so far. I need one for a '78 Chevy long bed, which nobody seems to stock. What's more, they don't seem to want to order one either. They DO desperately want to sell me a spray-in liner!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey 68coupe, is that '65 prairie bronze? Does it have a palomino interior? If so, can you send me pics of the interior? Either way, I'm sorry but I can't adopt you. Too many kids around here already (including me). I can adopt one or both of your cars, tho!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
The color of the 65 is unknown. I was originally Vintage Burgundy, the great-grand PO (3 ago) changed the color. As for the interior, Palomino is what it appears to be (white from the factory), but it was trashed when I got it so the dash & pad, carpet, headliner have all been replaced with black. The things that haven't been changed yet are the doors and door panels, seats and rear interior qtrs.. It is a miss-match right now. Are you looking for something in particular? I may have a picture of someone elses car from my 'What color interior should I use?' collection...Dad.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Jim,
Have you tried your local GM dealer or even a local auto parts store? I know at one time Carquest carried them.
Oh yea..Nice Bobcat! I had to be different!
Good luck!
Jeff

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have you tried Summit? They've been steadily increasing their truck offerings the last couple years. Finding one for a '78 might be tougher than newer trucks as the demand is probably real low. I know that AutoZone, Parts America, and TSC used to order them for you. The reasons they want to go with the spray-on is 1) the around $400 price tag vs around $100 price tag for the set-in and 2) spray-on inventory is one-size fits all. They make more $ on spray-on any way you look at it. Have you tried the Columbus area? There are several places here in southwest OH that sell them.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You are a long ways away from here , however have you tried your local auto wreckers for a good used one.? I know you can still buy them new from your Ford dealers here as well as just about any auto store. The real olds ones I think were thickers though, not as plyable as these newer one.
You most likely do not have to be reminded of this but you should have a ground strap installed with any of these liners as well.May save your butt some day fill a jerry can in the box. Sorry, I forgot I was snooping in your forum, nice cars and nice shop.

Don

1 - 17 of 17 Posts