Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brothers and I went to the Sharpie 500 last night at Bristol. Bristol is just about my favorite track. We had seats on the start/finish line, 44th row. Just awesome. The night before we were in one of the skyboxes for the Busch race. That was a first for me. Good food, good drinks, good company, just not very close to the action. I would not turn down another invitation.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Wow,

I've always considering the Night race at Bristol to be one of the ultimate races to watch in person! You're one lucky guy as those tickets are hard to come by, I of course had to watch in my living room last night. It was great to see e sweep the weekend as well.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
how long did it take you to get in and out? always considered going but have heard horror tales about getting and in/out. i go to Dover which is bad also unless you know way in and out which i do after 12 years. was a good race though as well as the Busch race.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I too was as Bristol. It is a great time. From what I hear it was pretty tame compared to most races there (not many cautions).

My boss rented a house about a 1/2 mile from the track and we had 10 guys there. Getting in and out was not an issue for us ::.

If you go: Take beer and lots of it, take the largest cooler you can fit behind the seats of the stadium as they let you bring your own and take ear plugs.

My hat is off to Dale Jr. He ran away from the field. (plus he won me $40 in our Busch race pool :).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Getting in and out is not too bad for us, but we have connections. If I didn't have the connections, I would just chill after the race and wait. Mark has been my favorite driver for years and I pulled his name in our pool. Thought it was a sign from above, but NO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts