Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Posted not to long ago. Got me thinkin about how heavy a spring I would need up front to get the right stance though. Maybe a 620 ton.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Alright - the next person that posts this is getting a severe beating ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys - I swear I searched before I posted!! All I found was someone trying to stuff a Mustang into an engine - kind of weird.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what it would be used for. It would make an ocean liner yank thousands of skiers out of the water at the same time, but would probably sink the ship, or take the bottom out from sheer weight. 2300 tons is a lot of weight.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Glad you asked !

In the largest 83,000 kW size, that engine could be used singly to power a ship in the 80-150,000 dwt (dead weight tonnes) class. We're talking medium size super tanker or very very large container ships. It could of course be paired up, but this isn't too common. Single screws are more efficient..

·
Registered
638 Posts
i work at caterpillar and i see V20's all day that are bigger than my truck and i've seen pics of cat engines that are 10 to 12 feet tall used in ships. but that thing is much larger than anything i've ever seen, the head studs look like power poles with the guy standing next to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts