Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, here we go again! the cars been parked for 3 years and i have recently been starting it up. i repaired a coolant leak around the water neck and then started it up for a while. turn it off and at the end of the night decide to quit on it and i hear something dripping. look under the car and it is coming from the passenger side seat bolt hole. confused i look under the carpet and it is antifreeze that is about three inches deep!! i know it is coming from my heater core. i am going to check the hose connections first and if they are good then i am going to replace the heater core. any tips on changing the core without tearing the whole lower dash out of the car???

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
most folks separate the 2 halves of the heater box to get them out...there are these evil little clips that hold the two halves together...rather sharp bastards!!

G

·
0 Posts
I have never found a good way to work on the box in the car. Its a pain in the a$$ to get out. Just take your time with it cause that stuff gets delicate after time.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The second day i had my mustang the heater core went out. You need to pour clean water on the floor of the car and keep sucking it out with a wet vac till you get all the antifreeze out of the carpet. while it was apart i replaced the blower motor and heater hoses, i also had to replace the air distribution thing that blows air to the floor because it fell apart when i touched it. The blower motor had to be removed to remove the air box. Removing the glove box gave me a lot more visability to the problem. All in all its not that hard of a job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts