Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you familiar with my funky 65 Coupe Mustang Trailer, I've finally found some funds, and some solid advice from 'geegee' and 'robbie' as where to spend the priority $$$$./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Also consulting with my business partner at work, everyone suggested getting the rolling chassis rolling. So here is the scoop:

Purchase the basic suspension re-build kit and new coil springs for the front end. My upper A arms are in excellent shape and I can re-bush and install the 4-bolt ball joints to them, saving a few dollars. I'll have to stay with the stock sway bar, but that is ok. The kit has all the midolyne bushings, spring perchs, saddles, and ball joints, including the lower arms. I'll get these from Laurel Mtn., since they offer midolyne. I'll also get the 4 tie rods, and idler arm for the steering. Should have a few dollars left to order the needed re-build parts for the manual steering box.

Athough this doesn't leave any funds left over for brakes, I need to mull over the option of getting either a set of granada spindles or staying with the stock drum brakes. I should scour the country for an old granada as there are plenty around, just need to look.

We are purchasing a MIG welder at work and my co-worker is a certified welder. (we hired him 6 weeks ago.) He will build the subframe connectors and also a set of underide traction bars in trade for carpet laying in his living room. I've already made a set of plans for those two items. I'll tear into the rear suspension later when I rebuild the rear differential.

The car will look great sitting on all fours./forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'll still retain the hitch, but modify it into a tow bar with a hinged section which will also lock when I need to lift the front end up.

Parts will be ordered next week! I can't wait for my first REAL shipment of mustang parts!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Cool. Hey dont forget to look at the rears under those cars for the 9" disk or drum setups.(Granadas and Monarchs). Let me know what you find. I would like axles out of the 8" rears that the pumpkin comes out the front.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Dude,
You want extra cash? Generate a couple of those hitches and sell them. You can put me down for one for sure.

Good luck with the PLAN..................

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Just started work on one of those Dan. If it's a hit around here I'll be sure to contact you (PM). thanks for the idea.

G

·
0 Posts
Congrats, that trailer was a way cool idea sell a few make some bucks.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
COOL,,,,, the day you start putting parts back on a resto project is exciting, I wish I was closer to come play HEHEHE have fun ,,enjoy ,,and keep us posted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts