Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am just about ready to put in all my interior, so I decided to put in a stereo. Nothing fancy, just wanted it to sound good. I ended up with a bout 1000.00 worth of JL Audio speakers, amps, Passive EQ and a 10" sub. I Didnt want to cut up anything, So I bought a kenwood post style AM/FM cassette and a 6 disc cd changer. It looks like a cheapy cassette deck that no one would want to steal and the rest is hidden behind the back seat. I feel kinda like a ricer....Its way more powerful than I needed. At least I wont have trouble hearing the radio at highway speeds.
Sorry about the rant........

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I didn't notice any sound-deadening material on your list there... Classic Mustangs are made out of metal with lots of room for rattling... Metal always reverberates a lot.

Plan on a whole lotta rattlin' going on when you kick up the bass. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, I have about 50 lbs of dynamat, plus have spent several hours making sure all rattles are gone. Its about as tight as I can get it. I HATE rattles!!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Ohhhh DynaMAT... my evil mind thought it said dynaMYTE!! That would get rid of the rattles!!
But, it will never end, Mustangs, and cars in general tend to be very expensive girlfriends that turn into wives, you'll lose more money at the divorce!!! (you can pay them now and pay them later!)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
There is NEVER enough $$$ in the budget for a mustang. Your stereo sounds great! I'm still light years from thinking about my stereo budget. I do know aplenty gets spent on beer!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts