Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 'yall, go to the Overhaulin' site and vote for the Mustang!!

http://www.overhaulin.com

It'd be great to see one done in a week!!

Jim

·
Registered
612 Posts
Im not a fan of Foos's stuff - everything has to be chopped, lowered and have "Foos" wheels and "Foos" paint. I have liked a couple of his creations, but for the most part would much rather have seen something more mainstream hotrod and less "Jesse James Hot Rod"....

Oh - one other thing that shows Im getting old - why do most of the cars have to lose like 27 cubic feet of space for speakers bigger than my home stereo speakers? I think I lost a % of my hearing with my 6x9's and old amp, I cant imagine why you need that much audio.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
What am I missing? I didn't see anywhere to vote for a particular car to be overhauled....... ::

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bottom left of the main page (under "What do you think?"). The 32 Ford is leading with almost 41% and the 68 mustang is second with almost 34%.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Get the VOTE out, it's painless. ::

G

·
I voted and here's the gotcha that I always think of when they do one of these Overhauls....

Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to me or received by me by reason of my participation in the program and I release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. I also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts.
These overhauls could easily cost the owner $10k-$20k in income and sales taxes. A good deal for what you get , yes, but you need to be prepared for this.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So where do I volunteer my '68?

·
Registered
402 Posts
If that's so, and they "stole" your car, does that mean if you can't pay for it they have to put it back the way it came in? ::

G

·
Good question since the accomplis can be a friend, maybe they're on the hook for the taxes? My guess is that a family member needs to sign off on it to, making the 'mark' the ultimate payer of taxes.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
well i just spent about half an hour voting literaly 150 times to put the 68 to the 1600 mark, woohoo! i really really hope they make over a coupe not fastback, im tired of seeing fastbacks, no offence to people who own them. im going to make sure the 32 doesnt out vote the 68 ::

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Am I the only one that is suspicious of the idea that they "steal" these cars and re-do them in a week?
This show was entertaining in the begining, but has morphed into just another "reality" show. They used to show the work being done on the car, but now they put all the emphasis on the con. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole thing is staged. Not sure I believe that they car do these cars in a week either. Why do that when they can take their time and just tell us they did it in a week? This is TV, folks - It's all about the show.
They did a mid-year Corvette a couple weeks ago, and if that was my car they would have a lawsuit on their hands for defacing such a classic and valuable car. Frankly, I don't think they would take this risk, which leads me to believe that they stage the whole thing. Whether I'm right or wrong about this, the show is heading in a direction where it will have little to do with the car. But the female host is hot enough that she almost makes up for her annoying partner!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll let you know how long it takes after next week. I'm going to be on the team that does one! K&N is doing an OVERHAULIN' episode and I was chosen to help wrench.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Hey, can you get my stang overhauled? ::
Seriously, I'll be really interested in hearing what you have to say, so make sure you post about it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts