Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrgh. I can't find a single pic of how the overhead console front bracket is supposed to go. It is one weird beast.

Pic/sketch/detailed description?

While we're here: Did any other year of Mustang have an overhead console, or were they unique to the 67-68?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a '68 body assembly guide and a electrical guide
I have the body guide - doesn't show the OHC. I have the shop manual, which shows the wiring but not any of the hardware.

I could probably figure it out if I had the car at hand (still no call from the strippers, grumblegrumble), but with just the bracket and console I can't make head or tail of it.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Not sure this will help you but here is a picture of mine installed in my '68, atleast you can see approximately where it is attached in front. I do not have pictures of the bracket before the headliner was installed. I believe '67 and '68 only had the overhead console.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/568000-568999/568597_55_full.jpg

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...at least you can see approximately where it is attached in front.
Oh! It goes on the ROOF? ::

Thanks for the effort, but you're right, it's not a lot of help. I know where it goes etc., I just can't quite figure out the orientation to the inner roof rail and the console screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts