Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
OMG thats insane. If i had an extra 6000 i would definatly make my stang faster and get a paint job. NOT buy some crazy model thing. Oh well, i guess its just not for me.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
That sucker better be life size and driveable! For six grand I can pick up a decent '67 and put lots of parts on it. For another $50 I can get CS to sign it (or did I hear he went up to $100?)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
This is getting outa hand.
How much more are they gonna milk out this movie.

G

·
0 Posts
For 6 g's I want it to have working lights, wipers, a turn key mini engine, exhaust, and that go baby go shifter knob fully equipt with nitrous. Then I still wouldn't buy it.
-Scott

G

·
0 Posts
I wonder if anyone gets suckered in thinking they are buying a real car. Then they definatly have more money than sense! ::

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I find it interesting that under the Shelby parts listings, there isn't a "real" Shelby part listed that I could see. Hmmm, maybe we should collectivly sue them for false advertising and put them out of business.... ::

K

·
0 Posts
Now in my opinion all the styling cues on the psuedo GT500E (it ain't no SHELBY) are almost right sans two. It just doesn't look right with tiny sidwall rubber and that hood just has to go away.

While at the Monterey Historics we investigated the hood bulge and there is no reason for being there. Maybe aslight bump but that thing is too abrupt.
Then I came home and checked out the pics I took of the movie Elenore when it was at the Petersen Museum in 12/00. The movie Elenore did NOT have such a huge bump in the front hood.

Just an observation. As for being tired of hearing about THAT car, I'm with ya. But you will have to admit it is a muscle car and not really bad looking....stupid bump ::.

Just my opinion.

Oh and whomever buys those bronze models can afford it because no doubt the real thing is just another toy in their collection. The model is chump change to them.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
No doubt about authentic"CS" ! :p

·
Registered
630 Posts
barf---enough already, cs

wjj

·
Registered
981 Posts
I put my order in for 2. NOT! ::

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You mean you guys arent getting one? Damn, I better cancel my order. :eek:

Seriously though, THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH! I sit and think for about a week before actually purchasing one of those $20 1:18 scale models. Now 6 Grand?!?!? Thats way too f'n much! I bought Natalie for a lil' over half of that! Mine might not be signed by "Shelby" but heck, at least mine runs!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I agree with 6T6...Shelby will do anything for money these days...

Slade

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Keep one thing in mind CS always did anything for money IE:cobras/daytona coupes/Shelby mustangs etc.You all seem to think since his previous cars are famous, that all he does, should be too that caliber, Truth is, he never though about building legends in the early days ,he just wanted to sell cars(that is from CS himself in the world registry),So come on you all, get off the guy for making a buck,,Like all you guys wouldn't

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I'm waiting for the Gold edition! ::

1 - 19 of 19 Posts