Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookinf for any advice or sticking points to look out for while I rebuild the p/s cylinder and valve. I have the units out of the car and ordered new hoses and rebuild kits from NPD. Also, what was the factory color on these units. The units I took off appear to be painted blue. All suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Bob

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You will have most everything you will require with the NPD kits. I've recently completed this task and found it relatively straight forward. The only problem I recall was the control valve needing more work but this was due to my mis-use of the pickle forks in getting it separated from the drag link. If you were smart, careful, or both then you took the control valve off first thereby freeing up the ball stud from the drag link. If not, then this might be a sticking point for you.

As to color, look at last year's NPD catalog cover and you will see an excellent underside photo shot of a reference for paint colors. Basically, it is gray in color and I had ordered some of the new paints from Eastwood for my restoration. Don't recall if I used the Spray Gray or the Detail Gray but it was one or the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts