Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1965, Ford, Mustang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five years ago I acquired a 65 Mustang my wifes grandma purchased new or one year old. It was manufactured in San Jose and lived in the bay area for 50 years till we moved to Portland.
Four years ago I determined it needed to be fully disassembled and over 3 months and many bottles of whiskey it became sheet metal, wheels, somewhat an engine and around 200 ziplock bags.
Three years ago I had a daughter so car work stopped well I got my feet under me and learned to be a dad.
Today I have a Wimbledon White numbers matching 289 with a moon roof I keep being told it is rare to have a moon roof but I have no clue.

I'm here to learn how to build the best 1965 Mustang I'm capable of building. Before this car I did one oil change and maybe two flats in my life so I'm basically an expert on all things cars. This is not to say I don't know anything I have an engineering degree, was a tech in the Marines and now work in the semi conductor industry.

My goal and the reason I'm here is to learn from you the community. I'll be posting pictures and inevitable asking questions of where I went wrong and how to do better. If you're interested in this journey stick around and be part of this learning.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Premium Member
6,382 Posts
You should consider starting a thread in the Build Forum here to share your progress! Post many, many pics along the way please. A moon roof, eh? I guess that means it's see-through as opposed to a sun roof where you can't. Of all the beaucoup options Ford had for the early mustangs neither of those roofs was a factory option. Some dealers and after market shops would install them though. Welcome to VMF!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,213 Posts
Chris, welcome to VMF.

·
Registered
1965, Ford, Mustang
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should consider starting a thread in the Build Forum here to share your progress! Post many, many pics along the way please. A moon roof, eh? I guess that means it's see-through as opposed to a sun roof where you can't. Of all the beaucoup options Ford had for the early mustangs neither of those roofs was a factory option. Some dealers and after market shops would install them though. Welcome to VMF!
You're correct it's a sunroof that I was told is a dealer add on. Its hard to find information on it but I'll be keeping it on the restoration. I'll be add pictures today

1 - 5 of 5 Posts