Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am helping a friend paint his 66 coupe. He is going back to the original vintage burgandy and wants to use a single stage paint. Any suggestions on what type of PPG or dupont product to use? The only guideline is NOT LACQUER.

Also, The interior is stripped and it is possible to paint the door metal and metal parts of the dash. Are those supposed to be painted the exterior color? Presently they are black. It is not a pony interior.

thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The interior colors used on 66 Vintage Burgundy cars with standard interiors were black (code 26), red (code 25), and parchment with burgundy appointments (code D3). It sounds like you have a black interior now, but if you want to change colors now would be the time to do it. I don't Know what a bugundy interior would look like, and you might have trouble finding seat covers and carpet to match.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'd seek advice from the PPG supplier he plans to buy from. Why the SS instead of a BC/CC? Make sure you've got a fresh air supply to protect against the isos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts