Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'67 Mustang Coupe-In Pieces
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can anyone in the Northern Virginia area tell me the best place to buy my epoxy primary and other supplies? I am about to "re"-start my restoration on my '67 Mustang Coupe and have been out of the game for a while. I live near Fairfax, VA but I am willing to drive to get the supplies.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I used Eastwood for my epoxy primer and Chassis Black. It is mail order if you don't have one local. I found a local autobody supply for my high build primer and sealer after talking with my painter to confirm which brands were compatible with his top base and clear.

·
Registered
'67 Mustang Coupe-In Pieces
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks crusing68. I was kinda hoping to walk in and buy it without mail order. I have looked at Eastwood and will buy from them if I can't find locally.

·
Registered
36,709 Posts
Do you have any O'Reilly Auto Parts stores around? They sell PPG Refinish products.

·
Registered
1967 GT500
856 Posts
There are also local paint supply shops that supply body shops in your area. Google search should work for you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mail order... but hear me out.
Southern Polyurethanes has an amazing product at a good price. Customer service is superior to any other.
1-2 day free shipping to central VA. The seven day recoat window on their epoxy outshines any competitor and was a lifesaver for the DIY person like me.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Mattos has been my go-to local shop for paint supplies. I've used the location in Manassas, but it looks like they also have a location in Falls Church.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I only do mail order as it really expands your options and you get better deals and quality as well.
For primers I do Southern Polyurethanes for everything. Shipping is free and 1-2 days. I use Mastercoat silver sealer for rust-proofing things, and then go epoxy over this. They are also mail order.
Not the answer you were asking for, but is the better option IMO, and definitely better than Eastwood’s relabeled stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts