Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the recommendation of Sac69 and SacBill for Miracle on Auburn, I stopped in and talked to Doug there. I think they're ideal for the kind of body and paint I want, but the 2-stage job is a LOT more expensive than I heard - $2100! Their $800 single-stage job may be good enough, but I think I'm going to have the body media-blasted instead of grinding it. Anyone have any experience with American Stripping (that was how I caught it...)?

Doug showed me a car they had in, a '68 with an awesome twin-turbo 5.0 EFI. Do we know this car?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't think so. Unti now, I thought I had the only TT in the area.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I heard back from my friend Matt about that guy in Woodland. He says he can't remember the guys name. He's gonna see if his Dad has the name and number, since he had his '57 Olds done there. I'll post here or PM ya when I find out.

Robert

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think so. Unti now, I thought I had the only TT in the area.
This is a decent '68, about like mine is now (clean, straight, mechanically getting there, no paint and beat interior). According to the Miracle guy, it's a "kid" and his dad, and the kid is a machinist - maybe one in training. The work on the TT is a little rough (bends are done in overlapping weld-up) but the layout and engineering looks first rate. The guy said he's claiming 725 at the rear wheels...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
"The guy said he's claiming 725 at the rear wheels
LOL not on a stock 302 block. That would be about 825HP flywheel which would be about 300HP more than a stock block can take. Assuming he built a pumped up 302 to begin with, he would have to be running over 20 psig of boost!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I believe the last time I spoke to my painter. He said around $2,200 for a three stage PPG paint job. That's not bad compared to the other shops around. Don't know how much he would charge for a single stage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts