Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a shop to do some bodywork on a 65 coupe and paint it. Anyone have some recommendations in the DFW area? I have the car completely torn down, engine out, interior out, etc. I also have all the necessary replacement panels, so I'm ready to go.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
What type of budget are you looking at, that will help.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Its kinda late in the year otherwise I would take in a car show or two and ask some of the people there who did their paint and body work, word of mouth as well as seeing some work is a huge plus, same with engine builders. Mid cities mustang had a good reputation but it has supposedly slid a bit lately, new ownership. You could also go to the NTMC monthly meeting and ask. The NTMC newsletter used to have sponsors, the website may also have some links.

·
Registered
54 Posts
my brother is txesprit-he went to mid cities today and they told him 40k and since it was a coupe it was not worth fixing and to come back when he had a convertible

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had my 65 pro street coupe body work and paint done for $7500.00 at Burts collision in Garland they did a great job they just dont wanna do another full car again they said they make more money fixing bumpers and small jobs

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Unfortuantely thats were the money is, insurance work, quick and easy. 40k Is really high, how bad is the car? If he is in Southlake like it says, try Craigs collision right off 114, they do good work and may be big enough to take on a "project". I'd reccomend the guy that did mine, but thats a tight budget and I waited almost six months to get mine in there.

You could also stop by Dallas Mustang or Southwest Mustang in Arlington (if they are still around) and ask them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm currently having my 66FB done at Mid-Cities. The body work they did was excellent--the fit and alignment superb. I'm also extremely happy with the paint job. My impression is they don't cut corners on quality and they go out of their way to present a honest picture of costs and value. You can probably get body work and paint done cheaper elsewhere, but be sure you get references and see for yourself examples of their work. Good luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Check out Clark Bros Paint and Body on Pioneer Parkway. Talk to Scott Clark and tell him that Gary sent you. I wish I could afford him but I cant fork out the big bucks for a paint job. Also Southwest Classic Mustang is still open, but they moved to the back of the shop on division.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts