Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 66 fastback is getting painted in the next couple of weeks. :D My painter said he is going to install the trunk, doors, and hood prior to painting. I think that everything except the fenders was painted on the car at the factory. With that said, should all the bolts be painted except the fenders?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Neither the hood hinges or their bolts were painted. Trunk lid & doors - yes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
There is a great mustang book for 64.5-66 mustangs, It's out in my car, but I think the author is Cole. I got it at Barnes & noble. It has all the pics you would need to look at when deciding whats painted and whats not. I think the hinges/bolts for doors and trunk get painted with body color, so your safe. If your painter paints the fender bolts, consider a new set from NPD or "other" repro store. I painted the door hinge bolts body color, but decided to break away from concourse and bought a few bags of silver cadmium/ star washer bolts. I used them on almost everything which gives a nice clean look (except in engine compartment all are black). It really depends on your intentions. Concourse: follow all OEM guides, restomod-non-concourse: anything goes. Please do everyone a favor though.... Stick with one theme and keep it tastful. You'll get more respect from your pals at VMF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts