Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my car painted at a local shop and want it 1965 caspian blue. The guy asked if I knew the paint code and I said no so he said he would find it. I want to be sure he gets the right one. All I can find is H for a code is this the code he needs or is there something else?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
H Caspian Blue PPG code=12547

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Caspian Blue is one of the odd colors that changed color code between years. For the '64.5 Mustangs, the PPG code is 12752. However, in the '65 Mustangs, the PPG code is 12547.

Since you specifically requested '65, I'd go with PPG code 12547.

·
Registered
184 Posts
What's the difference between the 64.5 and 65? My original color was Caspian Blue. My coupe is a 65, but with a bunch of 64.5 stuff on it. Just wondering which color I should use.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
This hit a nerve with me! After just a few months the lower paint (my brand new '64-1/2 vert)was chipping off behind the tires, apparantly from tires throwing small stones. Plus they were having paint adhesion problems. Anyway the dealer refinished the lower left front fender...and the color didn't match :( ! Caspian blue had changed slightly and they had used the '65 Caspian formula! }:( . Back to the dealer...repaint the same area with the correct '64 caspian!

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
By the way I was looking at autocolorlibrary.com
they seem to have this confused. The '65 paint chip says 12547 Capian Blue. The '65 printed sheet that follows says code H caspian blue 12752 :crazy: !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts