Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know the paint code for 1966 Saphire blue metalic? Also if there is a web site that shows a example of it or the mix for the paint shop? I understand that the 1966 cars were available with this Thunderbird color. Any leads would really help. Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
If no one gives you a better answer just go to your local automotive paint supplier. He will have the color chip, number, name and formula for the color you are looking for. They list all colors by car maker, model, and year.

Mustang Lovers ---- A Box-O-Choclates !!!

G

·
0 Posts
The PPG Ditzler # for this paint is 13075. There was a 66 GT coupe in Mustang Monthly a couple of years ago, originally painted that color. Very good looking!

Claes - used to be "FAST66"
66 2+2
64 Fairlane 500 project
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=366211&a=2708878&p=17945776.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Years ago I was given color specifications books covering 1965, 66 and 68 cars. The paint is R-M (Rinshed-Mason). Don't know if they are still around or not. The book does not show a Sapphire Blue Irid. color for the Mustang. It has it for the T'Bird. Their number is 1787. It also has code G, whatever that means.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, This is Steve Bunnell "Excalibur". I really appreciate the info from everyone. I understand that the Saphire blue was a special order on Mustangs and a standard option on Thunderbirds. Thanks again! Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts