Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'69 Mustang Fastback M-Code, '51 Studebaker 2R5, '56 Bel Air w/ LS6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a '69 Fastback M-code that is about to go off to paint for a charcoal grey and black color scheme but i am having a hard tome finding the right color grey. I really like the depth of the gry in the photon below but am having a hard time finding something close. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The second question, I am a bit torn on making the blackout sections a factory-ish satin black or going high gloss and making the black section much more subtle. What do you think on satin vs gloss given the depth of the grey paint elsewhere on the body? All opinions welcomed!

·
Dimples
4,702 Posts
We’re not going to be able to help with any accuracy based on a pic on the internet. Monitor and phone color calibrations vary, as well as camera settings and whatever post processing was done to the photo. You need to work with a painter or use a factory paint code from something you’ve seen in real life.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Convertible
950 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I missed that in the article. I have been searching every variation of "hitman gray/beagle black" and nothing comes up in google as a paint code or even a style guideline.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In other words, it's the "John Wick" movie car paint sheme.
Dang it - that's not going to work! From memory I thought Wick's car was much lighter in the movie than that photo. I am hoping to go much darker and black out the hood to avoid that comparison.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try GM "Watkins Glen" gray. used on Corvettes....
Nice - that's a great color! It seems to shift a bit based on lighting.

if you go Ford magnetic grey its darker, but high metallic
I was looking at that color as well. It seems a little blue-gray depending on the light. I think its the same color as my wife's GLE450

I am debating going high gloss w/clear on the blacked out parts due to the nature of the modern color scheme. I'm not sure if the Mercedes low gloss will look right on this car or the contrast will be too much. I know its just personal preference but any thoughts on this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts