Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This car last less than 12 hours in my possession, the colour scheme was mezmorizing

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZonM7

I can’t thank you guys enough; I am agreeing that think an original color will be better. What are your thoughts on vintage burgundy? Anybody have close up pictures of this? What type of paint is best to get for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Excellent choice. Will be the color of my ‘65 track car. Why, because it’s the OEM color and it’s beautiful. With a satin blacked out hood.

That sounds awesome!! Do they make this paint in the newer BC CC or the older form? Not sure where the best place is to buy this stuff.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Are you squirting it, or a shop? If it's a shop, you just pick the color- they'll pick the product based on what they prefer/are used to. Better they're comfortable and knowledgeable with the brand of paint used, rather than using you as a guinea pig, right?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Gotcha; it’s at a shop now so I will figure out what they use. Thank you again

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Gotcha; it’s at a shop now so I will figure out what they use. Thank you again

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Vintage burgundy is a mighty fine color...got it on my 65 falcon. I am going back to factory color on the interior...it was a palomino/brown interior. I think it will look much better than a black interior, and who wants black in S.Texas????

·
Registered
580 Posts
What are your thoughts on vintage burgundy? Anybody have close up pictures of this?
Vintage burgundy is one of my favorites and looks great on these cars.

A slight twist to it would be the color of ozarks06's Plain Jane: Ford Redfire Metallic (1996+ color). It was in a magazine (December 2010 StreetScene). It is a nice color too.

This is a cool page to see cars in their original colors:
1964 Mustang Paint Colors

·
Registered
34 Posts
c.drascic,

It is your car, so if you are not painting it the original color, then paint it to your taste and accent it however your want (stripes, no stripes, etc...). We have a 65 coupe that is factory Wimbledon White, and was repainted at some time a different shade of white. It is a solid car and the paint is ok for now, but too much white. I too, do not like Shelby-type stripes. I think they are overdone, and I also agree they don't look good on a coupe (personal taste), however I did stripe the coupe. It is my wife's car and her favorite color is purple. Car is striped in 65 pace car theme with reproduction stripes in purple (it was mentioned earlier these were also available as accessory stripes), with GT-style rocker stripes also in purple. Does a great job breaking up all that white. To each their own...

BTW...My wife also has a 64.5 convertible that she wants repainted from re-sale red to the original Silversmoke Gray.

67XL390

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm going to have a parchment colored vinyl top on my car. I'm leaning towards trying to match that vinyl color with paint and doing something similar to the ones earlier in this thread where the whole top facing surfaces, hood and trunk and top of fenders are basically a tan/parchment and then the sides are a rootbeer. Kind this color combo essentially...

https://ibb.co/cJmPPS

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's your car but if you are still open to hear ideas....

There's a stang around these forum where it's golden-brown

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts