Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On average whats the amount of time and $$ for a complete change in color?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I did mine, on a 73, did all the disassembly and reassembly myself as well as stripping, parts painted inside out just the paint work no prep including material and good primer assuming you have a good base

The actual paint job will run me about $6,000 canadian about $4,000 US ...just sharing my own experience

Daniel

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm 2 years into the work and have no idea regarding the $$$$.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I stripped mine and did all the work including paint. The total paint and materials was about $1100.00. Sandpaper and masking materials aren't cheap and can run the cost up considerably...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Even though mine was originally red, it was sanded to the metal and completely changed over. It also had the two rear quarters and the doors replaced. Mine was done at the local technical school where they supposedly only charge for materials. It was about $1300.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Iwent from Phoenician yellow to black..Mine was 5K..included complete exterior disassembly, stripping to bare metal, filing the extensions for perfect fit to 1/4's and headlamp bodies, and EXACT distances between body panels. Also complete repaint of interior that I stripped. I had no rust nor dents.
blkstlln

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bright blue metallic, with silver stripes.

the grabber blue is nice but i want the darker blue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts