Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were some guys doing a house foundation next door to me at the time I went to my mothers house when she passed away. When I got home it was dark and I didn't see until the next day after work that they had gotten concrete and lime dust over the entire car!!! When the dew got on the car it activated the lime and the sun the next day etched it into the paint, chrome, and glass. I tried to contact the company but got no response so I turned it into my insurance company and told them who it was. I just can't believe that they wouldn't say something, my mom-in-law was home and they could have said something and I would have washed it when I got home.

G

·
0 Posts
unbelievable, get em good. Best of luck with this and please keep us informed. Who is your insurance co.? Classic car type or regular?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Stay on it, don't give up and keep records. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If the contractor is liscensed most states, if not all, require contractors to carry liability insurance which should cover the damage he caused you. I'm sure some branch of your state gov. can tell you if he is liscensed. In WV it's the Division of Labor. You also might want to talk to your insurance company to see if you should file a police report just in case things get nasty.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
TAKE PICTURES AND TAKE A LOT OF THEM.

if you can prove negligence (which that assuredly is) then your case is made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts