Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some (barely noticeable) overspray in the inside and outside of my windshield and windows. Any easy way to remove this? Don't want to go the razorblade route, afraid I'll scratch them. Tried mineral spirits but it is slow and takes LOTS of elbow grease.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
clay or steel wool with carb cleaner. just dont get it on ur paint. but the clay works good and can be purchased at pep boys in the wax/cleaner section

Corpus Christi TX

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use steel wool (extra fine) to get overspray off windows. You shouldn't need carb cleaner or anything else.

UNDEAD Raven '65 A-code 2+2

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't be afraid to use a razor blade as this is by far the simplest method.. The overspray will not adhere to glass very well so it won't be difficult to remove .Just be gentle and lay the blade flat against the glass and 'lean' it at a 45 degree angle.Doing it this way eliminates the possibility of digging a corner in.The whole job should take 1-2 minutes and leave no mess to clean like some of the alternates listed previously. If you're still a little nervous practice on one of your garage windows.

..........Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A friend of mine suggested using Bonami, (a powder like cleaner you can buy at the grocery store). I used it and this stuff really cleans windshield glass well. It is very fine powder that you use with water, so it will not scratch the glass. It will also get rid of those windshield wiper lines that never really seem to go away using glass cleaner.

Jeff Crumpley
Austin, Texas
68 302 j-code coupe
99 5.0 Eddie Bauer Explorer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts