Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post this but I am looking for a paint shop in the L.A. vicinity. I have a car that needs a complete paint job. It has been stripped down & is ready to go. I had one lined up & all of a sudden they are too busy (I understand that insurance work is the bread & butter). I am close to Pasadena, Burbank, Arcadia, Monrovia but can travel. So if you have had a good experience and can recommend a paint shop please do. Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
I grew up in Pasadena but I can't think of any particular shops up there.

I did get a fabulous paint job from "Golden Hammer Auto Body" in El Cajon (San Diego area) last year. Any one who has seen my car can probably tell you it came out nice. They do take their time though :) I am giving them my husband's 56 Chevy this Winter to start on. If you are interested I will get you their contact info.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I had the Captain America Car painted at L. Moreno Body Shop in El Centro, CA, it is a bit of a drive, but he is good and fair with his price...he is painting my F250 right now and I know he is not real busy...summer is slow in the Desert....

If you are interested email me and I can put you both in touch...Lupe is the owner, thus the "L" in the name....

Mel ::

·
Registered
607 Posts
A friend of mine had his 68 fastback painted at, I believe, R & B Auto and Paint in Santa Fe Springs, off of Norwalk Blvd, just a couple of buildings over from Moon Eyes. They did an excellent job, took it down to the metal and prepped it from there. I once visited the shop while they were doing his car and they had some nice rides in there. Good Luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My guys swear by Chinoz in the West San Fernando valley. I have seen the work and can say that I plan on having my next car done there. And it relatively close. If you want that info let me know, it is fairly close to you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, I'm interested too. Post the address/phone if ya got it.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts