Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/36965/2004515680876045466_fs.jpg
http://aycu38.webshots.com/image/38357/2002470512972326009_fs.jpg
http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/37642/2000673188084567426_fs.jpg

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I need to be cleaning my fastback up while I'm off for the holiday, but I got hit with a raging cold. Don't want to phlegm the car. :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Nice, is the tranny painted of cleand that well?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is painted.

I wire wheeled it to an equal shine at the start.
Forget that...to much time.

As for the fire wall, it requires about 3 more coats of paint.
The crumple must have been a serious accident years ago.
Character.
It will remain...not very noticeable when engine is loaded ( if at all) yet identifiable in case of theft...I am ok with it.
http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/38929/2002842628380198899_fs.jpg

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Mark,
What's with the holes in the 2nd pic, driver's side in front of the tranny crossmember support? Replacing some sheetmetal?

That underside looks nice and clean. Keep in mind if you drive your car after it is assembled you might soil the bottom side a little :lol:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are holes in the floor from rust.
Today I am going to work on nibbling the floors.

I would have done this already accept the Lincoln welder I got new was damaged in shipping, a local approved shop is fixing it under the warranty.This set back made me adjust plans and that is why I initially started cleeaning the bottom, as you know if a car is out side and bare metal is exposed rust sets in, sooo...out comes the primer too.

I may take the back axle out today too, I just have no idea how to remove the rear part of the leave springs after the car is lifted.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
how to rove the rear part of the leave springs..
Rove? What language is that?

Which Lincoln did you order? Invest in one of those thin layer stretchy welding caps to protect your head from the fireballs.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rove is "Aries " for remove.

Lincoln Mig Pro 140.

The feeder would not feed constant.

It had gear to gear issues regarding the feed assembly motor gear.
The circuit board adjust knobs are plastic and one broke off in shipping, since the circuit board is resin filled with the integrated knobs the whole thing needs replacing.

As usual in the MarkStang world...I took the whole thing apart to find all of these problems before I took it in (that way I understand how things work)
also I know if I am going to be taken for a ride.
During my inspection I conclude that this Lincoln has too much plastic. I got a great deal (365.00) and if not for that I would be shipping it back and spend twice as much for a better one.

The shipping box was un damaged ...so that is why the warranty is covering it.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
I may take the back axle out today too, I just have no idea how to remove the rear part of the leave springs after the car is lifted.
You mean remove the rear axle housing? You need to support the back of the car on it's rear frame rails right in front of the leaf spring. Once resting on the jack stands you support the axle housing with your floor jack and let it come down a ways. Unloosen the nuts on the leaf spring bolts a little. Raise or lower the axle housing to get the housing to seperate from the leafs. You have now removed the weight of the axle housing from the leafs.

Now remove the shackle bolts from the rear shackles and lower the back end of the leafs. If you are planning to replace the shackles, you might consider just cutting the shackles with a chop saw.

If confused, PT me and I'll give you my cel to call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts